Authorised by Michael O'Connor, National Secretary, 165 Bouverie St Carlton 3053
Membership Terms & Conditions
In submitting an application to join the CFMEU, you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby apply to become a member of the State and Federally registered Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union, and I pledge to abide by the relevant rules and understand that this application is accepted by the Union unless I receive notice in writing to the contrary from the Union Secretary. My contributions shall start from the date that I sign this application form. The information collected is covered by the Privacy Act *, and will be used for purposes consistent with Union needs, in accordance with the Act.
AUTHORITY TO REPRESENT EMPLOYEE IN RELATION TO INDUSTRIAL AGREEMENTS AND INDUSTRIAL DISPUTES
- I hereby request that the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union (the “CFMEU”) represent my interests in relation to any industrial matter concerning me and any proposed agreement which is to be negotiated pursuant to the Workplace Relations Act 1996 (“the Act’), or any state legislation in relation to employment.
- In the event that such agreement is negotiated pursuant to the Act or a state Act, in relation to an AWA or any other form of statutory individual or collective agreement or individual contract, I hereby appoint the CFMEU as my bargaining agent.
- I hereby nominate the CFMEU as my representative in relation to any industrial dispute concerning me.
STATEMENT IN RELATION TO THE PRIVACY ACT
- I agree that the information contained in my application and any other information I provide to the CFMEU may be used by the CFMEU, its affiliates and agents for the purpose of communicating with me, and for other purposes consistent with the Union's rules. The Union may communicate with me in writing, electronically and verbally. I agree that the nature of such information is any information within the policy and authorisation of the CFMEU.
OBLIGATIONS ARISING FROM MEMBERSHIP OF THE CFMEU
- I acknowledge that the CFMEU Membership fees may be varied from time to time and agree to such variations.
- I agree that resignation from Membership of the CFMEU must be in writing and that it is my responsibility to ensure that such resignation is received by the Divisional Branch Secretary.
- I agree and accept that should my current method of payment of Membership Fees cease for any reason, any fees that accrue in my membership account will be due and payable by me, up to and including the date of my resignation (which is subject to the above) from the Union. I agree and accept that cessation of the Payroll Deductions does not constitute resignation from Membership.
* Our membership rules, Privacy and Direct Debit Request service agreement are available from the above office or on our web site: manufacturing.cfmeu.org.au
** This may vary from time to time in accordance with the Union rules.
CFMEU Manufacturing Division Website Privacy Statement
This is the Privacy Statement for the CFMEU Manufacturing Division website.
This is the Privacy Statement for the CFMEU Manufacturing Division website which is subject to review by the governing body of the Union from time to time.
The CFMEU Manufacturing Division is committed to the privacy principles issued by the Australian Privacy Commission.
Generally, we do not collect personal information about you when you visit our website. You can visit the most parts of the site without being required to provide personal details.
For statistical purposes our web server records all visitors to our site but we are unable to identify individual IP addresses from this data.
If you send us a request by email your email address, and any other personal information you choose to include, is revealed to us.
If you subscribe to our "email updates" list an email is sent to us from our web server which provides your email address.
If you request information about becoming a member of the CFMEU, we collect your name, address, contact phone number occupation and name of employer and your email address.
How we use the information
The data collected by our web server is used to assess how many visits to the site we receive and which parts of the site are most frequently accessed. We cannot identify individual visitors to the site from this data.
If you send us a query, request or comment your email address is used to reply to you and for no other purpose. Your email address (and any other personal information you have chosen to send to us) is not retained.
The alert sent to us when you subscribe to our email updates list is used to tally the number of subscribers to the website and for no other purpose. We do not collect your email address from the alert.
If you send a request for more information about joining the union your name and address is used to post you a membership kit. We use occupation and employer information to help assess whether you are eligible to join the union. This information is not retained.
We do not sell or distribute any of the personal information you send to us via our website to any outside organisation, company or individual.
We use appropriate technology to protect the data we collect.
Links to other sites
The CFMEU Manufacturing Division website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites and suggest that you read each site's policy statement.